1. The My Disney Experience App is a must download. There are those who absolutely love the app but there are those who despise its very existence! If you fall Into the later category, it is best to come to terms with the app and embrace the technology. After all, we are beyond your grandmother's Disney!
When downloading the app, you must complete all the steps, even the set up profile module. The app will not function if all the steps to setting up account are not completed.
Create our Family and Friends List
Link your resort reservation and ticket media
Manage your vacation plans (ie setting up fast passes and dining reservations)
The app is important for several reasons. It is your personal, find-out-everything-you-need to-know about-your-Disney-trip-information hub. But also, with My Disney Experience, you can track your dining plan credits, link your park tickets and resort reservation, make Fast Passes, file a lost item report, open your resort hotel room door via blue-tooth, skip the quick service lines and mobile order your food, check on wait times for attractions, make dining reservations and so much more!
It is also important to remember that only one person within the travel group manages the groups plans. If everyone is linked through the Friends and Family list, everyone will be able to see the group's plans but only the person managing the plans, makes changes to itinerary through their app. Everyone can have a My Disney Experience account but only one manages the group's itinerary.
2. No need to go to the lobby of your resort for check-in. Through your My Disney Experience app, you can utilize Online Check-In. If your stay is not paid in full and you do not have an active credit card on file, you will not be able to use the online check-in function. Using the online check-in allows you to go directly to your room. On the app, there is a map of the resort so you can find where your room is located. Also, there is a blue-tooth option through the app to open your hotel door. This comes in handy if you arrive late and don't have your magic band.
3. There is a resort parking fee! If you are driving to the resort, whether in your personal vehicle or a rented car, you will pay a parking fee for keeping your car at your resort. This policy has been in place since March 21, 2018, so this is not new news!
Rates are as follow: Deluxe Resort - $24, Moderate Resort - $19, Value Resort - $13
4. The Memory Maker is great for those who want to keep those fun attraction photos and the special photos taken by the Disney Photo Pass cast members. Link your Memory Maker to your My Disney Experience, so your pictures will automatically appear on the app once you start taking pictures. Make sure on your Friends and Family list you have set photo sharing permission for those you want to have access. Only the guest assigned to the Memory Maker will be able to download photos. For those on your Friends and Family list who have their Magic Band scanned for a photo, make sure on your app to toggle the viewing switch to view all Photos. It defaults to view only my photos.
5. Disney's Magical Express is transportation from Orlando International Airport to your resort and is an easy why to get to Walt Disney World without having to rent a car. A few things to keep in mind when utilizing this service. If you have checked your bags at your home airport with the yellow Disney tags, your bags will be delivered to your room at your resort. Keep in mind that it takes approximately 4 hours from the time you land, to the time your bags are in your room. It is always wise to pack a carry-on bag with anything essential you might need like medicines, change of clothes, magic bands and swimsuits. Please do not put the yellow Disney tags on your luggage if you are going to need your luggage when you arrive at your resort, Just make sure you pick up your bags at baggage claim before boarding the Magical Express. If you are arriving in Orlando after 10 pm, you must collect your luggage at baggage claim before boarding Disney's Magical Express.
A Florida Adventure is taking on Florida, one amazing attraction and destination at a time! Follow on instagram @AFlorida